Solution to Fan ON/OFF cycling issue on N71JQ

Mehr
Solution to Fan ON/OFF cycling issue on N71JQ wurde erstellt von turbogear 30 Aug. 2010 10:52 - 31 Aug. 2010 00:03 #30993 von turbogear
Hello,

It's been a while since I posted something here.
As an update, I and a good friend who is also a notebook dealer from USA (Ken Lee from Gentech PC) had been working with ASUS support team in USA to get a solution to the N71JQ fan ON/OFF cycling every few second issue since some months now.

The problem was very annoying especially when one was sitting in a silent place. He would hear the fan going on and off every few seconds when the notebook is idle or being used lightly like for example browsing the internet.

The solution is finally out. ASUS has provided a new bios which fixes this problem.
Here is the link: support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?...8.zip&f_type=3&os=30

I did many different tests with respect to fan issue some months ago and sent the reports to Ken Lee who forwarded them to ASUS.
I recommended to ASUS that the fan profile in the bios needed to be changed. Now with the new bios it behaves similar to what I recommended to them in my test results. B)
Letzte Änderung: 31 Aug. 2010 00:03 von turbogear.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.147 Sekunden